Senior Director - Northeast Region - Remote Northeast USA
16 days ago
CALSTART is #hiring a Senior Director for our Northeast Regional Office who will play a critical role to oversee our work in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. You will play a key role in managing cutting-edge, multi-stakeholder projects, developing business opportunities, supporting 350+ member companies and representing CALSTART in the Northeast region.
There has never been a better time to be a part of building the #cleantransportation technology industry and in doing so creating new jobs, addressing #climatechange, and improving air quality. CALSTART currently operates significant programs related to #zero-emission trucks and buses, innovative mobility, light-duty electric vehicles, and zero-emission vehicle infrastructure throughout the region, working closely with prominent government agencies and industry actors. CALSTART's Senior Director for the Northeast Region is an important position that bridges our industry and government partners to develop and lead new initiatives and programs that have a major impact in the region and beyond.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states and Europe. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road equipment), fuels, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
Our Senior Director will also:
- Manage large technology programs and establishing/maintaining relationships
- Lead and direct program management and coordination, client relations (including government clients), stakeholder outreach and management, grant writing and technical assessment and analysis
- Assure policy and political landscape impacting clean transportation and mobility in the Northeast is moving forward
- Lead engagement with electric utilities
- Devise a compelling vision for CALSTART's work in the Northeast region
- Lead the Northeast Regional team toward meaningful action and outcomes in pursuit of organizational targets for 2030 and beyond.
- Develop and execute a plan of action to achieve that vision
- Envision new opportunities and translate them into meaningful outcomes
- Know and lead awareness of zero-emission transportation technologies
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative team environment
- Recruit and build project teams and leading successful proposal efforts
- Produce high-quality reports and client-facing deliverables
- Organize and lead meetings that engage key stakeholders
- Make presentations and use public speaking skills in small and large groups
- Bachelor's degree with ten (10) or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in the transportation, clean energy, or environmental industries, including experience developing, securing, managing, and executing government projects and contracts
- High level of personal initiative to develop and pursue a vision for success
- Driven by a passion for the clean transportation industry
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Well organized with the ability to oversee and manage multiple innovative programs simultaneously
- Strong organizer of others capable of energizing regional partners behind an idea
- Solid understanding of regional political dynamics
- High level of competency with emerging technologies and technical issues
- Capable of presenting to and working with diverse stakeholder groups, including community-based organizations and equity or environmental justice advocates
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications, with a high degree of competence in using spreadsheets for project analysis and budgeting purposes
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Northeast region to manage, pursue, and develop projects and be a public face for CALSTART in the region
- Willingness to travel to other parts of the country (including CALSTART's headquarters in Pasadena, CA) up to several times per year
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A strong network of relevant industry and government contacts in the Northeast
- Specific knowledge of and expertise with zero-emission transportation technologies and systems
- Knowledge of specialized skills such financial modeling, policy analysis or transportation/city planning
- Expertise in specialized areas including environmental justice or workforce development
- An advanced degree in business/nonprofit administration, law, public policy, engineering, environmental science, or related fields
- Awareness of government funding opportunities at federal, state, and local levels
- Experience managing government contracts and programs
- Certificate or training in program management
- Facility with social and digital media
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART includes the complete salary range for our Senior Director level ($148,000 to $188,000). We determine starting pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Starting pay for this role will typically be from $148,000 to $153,000.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $148,000.00 - $188,000.00 per year