Senior Accountant Clean Mobility Options - Hybrid Pasadena Area
19 days ago
CALSTART is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and results-Senior Accountant. In this role you will act as a liaison and consultant to CALSTART's Clean Mobility Options Voucher Pilot Program (CMO) grantees and regulatory agencies. You will administer government grants/contracts to ensure compliance and consistency in accordance with the CA and other government contract regulations. Our Senior Accountant will also provide critical insight into CALSTART's improvement and facilitation of cross-functional relationships between the Accounting, Community Based Organizations, Public and Private Agencies and Project Management departments.
Additionally, the Senior Project Manager will:
- Work directly with CMO grantees and should possess strong customer service skills.
- Perform financial analysis and business support in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and business needs.
- Review and monitor payment requests submitted by voucher recipients under our California Air Resources Board Clean Mobility Options project.
- Review contracts to ascertain labor and capital cost reimbursement vs. milestone-based vs. time and materials billing terms.
- Ascertain and communicate contract compliance issues that impact project operations.
- Act as a liaison with funding agency and subrecipients regarding contract finance and other issues.
- Monitor CMO contract finance (billings/costs v. budget) and communicate contract financial status with appropriate personnel.
- Monitor contract status (contract term/period of performance, reporting requirements, etc.) and advise appropriate personnel.
- Update and monitor contract log to advise program manager of contract status.
- Review and monitor CMO subrecipient invoice submissions in accordance with terms and conditions of subaward and monitoring subrecipient.
- Lead and assure compliance with subaward terms and conditions.
- Perform general accounting duties such account management and technical assistance to CMO subrecipients, particularly as they relate to contract billings and subrecipient billings
- Assist with project budget preparation, budget modifications and contract amendments.
- Assist with grant close-out processes.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 29 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future. Our member companies are diverse and include Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Peterbilt, General Motors, New Flyer, and Southern California Edison. We work with these member companies and the broader industry including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We operate from our offices in California, Colorado, Michigan, and New York. We believe now is our time and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting from an accredited college/university
- 5 years of experience in accounting
- Experience in nonprofit organizations, particularly with government contracts/grants accounting and compliance; financial reporting, particularly responsibilities that required strict attention to detail, analytical skills
- Working knowledge of auditing function, particularly as it relates to verifying cost, understanding
- Internal controls experience
- Hands-on experience with other Microsoft Office applications; computerized accounting systems
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Excel and document management using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proven experience working as a liaison using strong verbal and written communication
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, particularly as it pertains to contract revenue recognition
- Research skills
- Knowledge of government contracting, procurement processes, OMB, FAR, and other regulations specific to government contracting
- Working knowledge of auditing functions, particularly as they relate to verifying costs and expenses
- Familiarity with Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance or 2 CFR 200 [Formerly OMB A-110, A-122 and A-133]), the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and state cost accounting standards (Typically California).
- Nonprofit accounting and reporting; Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- (Uniform Guidance or 2 CFR 200);
- Knowledge of mobility equity, mobility justice, and programs that advance LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities; Bilingual/Full Business Fluency in Spanish
- OMB, FAR and other regulations specific to government contracting
- Experience working with grassroots community engagement for transportation and mobility
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.