Research Assistant Intern
21 days ago
CALSTART is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our Clean Fuels and Infrastructure team for a six-month paid internship. Energy Infrastructure Incentives for Zero-Emission Commercial Vehicles (EnergIIZE) was created to address the needs of MD/HD zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) in California through financial incentives towards the purchase of infrastructure equipment, network, and software costs. The EnergIIZE team is creating a Center of Excellence (CoE) resource library of technical documents. Under the supervision of our Deputy Director, Fuel & Infrastructure, this intern will play a crucial role in supporting this project.
The Research Assistant Intern will...
- Create a catalog of items within the Center of Excellence (CoE) and any new materials: title, author(s), date published, type of media, executive summary of the document.
- With guidance from the Deputy Director, conduct a literature review of the best and most applicable infrastructure documents that will support the EnergIIZE project.
- Develop an operational plan under the guidance of the Deputy Director.
- The operational plan will need to be a continuous-improvement project that will monitor the existing processes and make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Collect all documents maintained by the organization for storage in an electronic database: electronic, audio recordings, videos, and hardcopies of printed documents.
- Conduct searches of public records for infrastructure articles, reports, and research papers.
- Development of a Records Management System for future collaboration on retention schedules and record storage and destruction.
- Training of all staff on how to use this CoE and identify gaps in missing information and process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Completed a least three years of accredited college/university level coursework pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in transportation planning, transportation engineering, civil engineering, public policy, information science/information systems, or other related fields
- Self-driven and motivated individual that is passionate about clean transportation and research.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to communicate technical information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and task management abilities.
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment.
- Ability to work between 25-30 hours/week for six (6) months with the possibility of an extension.
- Familiarity with emerging trends in zero-emission transportation infrastructure and/or vehicles.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time