Project Manager I School Bus - Remote CA Ok
26 days ago
CALSTART is looking to hire a Project Manager I – School Bus. Our administration of the HVIP Public School Bus Set-Aside for Small and Medium Air Districts (HVIP Public School Bus Set-Aside) was developed and launched in 2022. The Project Manager will support the HVIP Public School Bus Set-Aside Project Administration. Additionally, this position will assist with HVIP dealer training as it pertains to the HVIP Public School Bus Set-Aside.
The Project Manager will:
- Review voucher submittal documents to verify eligibility, determine completion and evaluate project documents for voucher approval.
- Route voucher agreements for execution between CALSTART staff, applicants and HVIP approved dealers and verify agreements have been executed.
- Interface with applicants via phone calls and email regarding any outstanding documentation required to complete voucher submittal. Track progress within specified timelines
- Support CALSTART Electric School Bus (ESB) team's coordination with the voucher processing team.
- Track bus purchase orders, delivery dates and dismantle dates in accordance with HVIP Implementation Manual.
- Communicate requirements with applicants, dealers, manufacturers, and the general public through presentations and verbal and written communication.
- Monitor and manage CALSTART's “School Bus Team” email inquiries.
- Assist ESB Team with outreach which will include working with Member and Industry Services (MIS) team to plan and send out strategic email campaigns.
- Work closely with CALSTART staff to utilize Salesforce and CalConnect to manage ESB Team contacts.
- Assist ESB team in operationalizing connections between HVIP and EnergIIZE
- Attend EV working group meetings, take notes and track questions/concerns that require follow-up from CALSTART staff, and ensure all follow-ups are completed by speakers/staff.
- Give input to CALSTART team regarding the planning of working group meetings, conducting outreach to guest speakers and handling logistics of setting up preliminary/introductory meetings and dry-run meetings.
- Support HVIP operations in dealer readiness training for the HVIP Public School Bus Set-Aside and standard HVIP operations including communications and vehicle catalog.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 29 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART's member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses its work in four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Environmental Studies or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Customer service in a professional setting
- Three years of experience or project related work with sustainability and/or transportation
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting a variety of documents
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and the public
- Ability to utilize and understand computer applications and techniques as necessary in the completion of daily assignments.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Desired Skills and Experience
- School bus or school district experience
- Experience working with local government entities
- Knowledge of California grants and initiatives relating to EV's
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time