Project Manager I, Portfolio Planning
18 days ago
CALSTART has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Project Manager I to join our HVIP team. This position will provide support across the Incentive portfolio administration and management projects for CALSTART's HVIP (https://californiahvip.org/) and CORE (https://californiacore.org/) agreements with CARB (https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/). The Project Manager will support the Deputy Director with all aspects of project management including time, deliverables, and progress tracking, labor planning and resource utilization, and cost projections.
Additionally, the Project Manager I will:
- Work closely with Project Leads to plan and implement projects including tracking team resource billing on in-house project tracking tools such as Mavenlink
- Track subsidiary projects in the HVIP portfolio to reduce silos and improve data-sharing processes across all teams in the organization
- Assist with resource planning including internal and contracted resources and collaborate with Finance and Accounting team
- Assist with creation of project kickoff documents for HVIP-affiliated sub-projects
The position will report to CALSTART's headquarter office in Pasadena, CA but remote hires located in other parts of California will be considered.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 29 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Project Management, other related fields or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of project management in the public sector
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience coordinating and communicating information and key metrics across a large portfolio of projects
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare, and maintain an assortment of records, work papers, reports, and information in an effective manner and according to departmental and/or governmental regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to handle pressure and solve problems
- A proactive, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work when reporting in-person
- Employee wellness program and employee assistance program
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time