Project Management Intern
13 days ago
CALSTART has a paid internship opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our San Joaquin Valley team. Under the supervision of our SJV Regional Deputy Director, this intern will play a significant role in supporting statewide initiative engagement in the Valley and regional transportation electrification projects.
San Joaquin Valley Intern will...
- Support our project teams in project management for Zero Emission technology deployments
- Engage with a wide variety of stakeholders such as fleets, workforce development associations, colleges and universities, and community-based organizations
- Coordinate outreach to external stakeholders by providing assistance in scheduling, notetaking and outreach summaries
- Review and analyze fleet or operational data (excel)
- Conduct research and generate reports and report templates
- Assist with organizing various workshops, events, forums, presentations, and webinars
- Perform other duties as assigned
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 29 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART's member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses on four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
- Completed a least three years of accredited college/university level coursework pursuing a bachelor's degree in environmental science, sustainability, agricultural science, or other related fields
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups of stakeholders and audiences
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise reports and proposals
- Experience in data collection and data analysis (excel)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management abilities
- High proficiency in communications project management across various stages of development and implementation (planning, execution, monitoring, and completion)
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment
- Minimum commitment of 20 hrs/week
- Experience working with local organizations in San Joaquin Valley
- Local or Regional knowledge of agricultural sector and technologies
- Understanding of clean transportation policies in California
- Knowledge of clean transportation with a strong desire to learn more about medium to heavy-duty zero-emission buses and trucks
- Experience or knowledge of ArcGIS or GIS software
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Temporary