CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly motivated person to join our team as a People Operations Manager. This position will support the People Operations team, and report directly to the Senior Director, People Operations. This role will have the opportunity to manage HR program implementations that improve the employee experience.
The People Operations Manager will provide excellent support to our organization by:
- Developing processes, policies and practices that translate into executable plans and clear HR procedures.
- Providing project management of all team activities including the annual HR Calendar.
- Managing and improving the employee VISA process.
- In partnership with People Ops leadership leading our Justice Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) team as well as Affirmative Action planning and compliance.
- Developing and coordinating communication strategies and materials (dashboard visuals, charts, presentations, emails etc.) to effectively resonate with a wide range of audiences.
- Handling complex and sensitive employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and leaders.
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommends best practices based on regulatory changes and industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- A Bachelor's Degree Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Psychology, other related fields, or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with HR systems and databases
- Experience with VISA processing
- Exceptional service, support and partnership with employees at all levels
- The ability to balance work independently in a fast-paced, remote work environment while collaborating with a high functioning team
- Strong analytical, high attention to detail, and excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional presentation, verbal communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional data competency and experience managing, analyzing, and visualizing data
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP
- Experience working with ADP, BambooHR, and/or BreezyHR
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time