Northeast Region Intern
29 days ago
CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly motivated person to join our team as a Northeast Region Intern. This position will support the Northeast Region team, and report directly to the Regional Deputy Director, Northeast. Our intern will play an important role in supporting CALSTART's mission to improve air quality, prevent climate change, and create jobs across the US! In this paid internship you will also play a key role in working with various Northeast programs and 300+ member companies.
Additionally, the Northeast Region Intern will:
- Support our project teams with project management for selected projects in the Northeast Region, including Innovative Mobility planning efforts
- Engage with a wide variety of stakeholders such as transit agencies, truck fleets, community-based organizations, workforce development associations, and colleges and universities
- Support the deployment of e-bikes to low-income communities and multimodal, transit-supportive mobility hubs
- Coordinate outreach to external stakeholders by helping in scheduling, notetaking and outreach summaries
- Support market/industry research to identify trends and gain insights
- Support marketing and outreach programs including email and social media campaigns, website and content development, and stakeholder engagement opportunities.
- Assist with organizing various workshops, events, forums, presentations, and webinars
- Provide analytical support to forecast the impacts of vehicle fleet electrification
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 29 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Completed at least 3 years of accredited college/university level coursework pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communication, Urban Planning, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or other related fields
- Self-driven and motivated individual that is passionate about clean transportation and mobility.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience Familiarity with emerging trends in zero-emission transportation infrastructure and/or vehicles and clean mobility and goods movement.
- The ability to balance work independently in a fast-paced, remote work environment while collaborating with a high functioning team
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management abilities
- Minimum commitment of 15-20 hrs. per week
- This intern is ideally based in the Eastern time zone
- Currently pursuing Master's degree with a focus in Marketing, Communications, Urban Planning, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Public Policy/Affairs or other related fields
- Proficiency in marketing software such as MailChimp and SurveyMonkey
- Experience working with community groups and disadvantaged communities
- Interest or experience working on Equity based projects
- Spanish speaking preferred
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Temporary