14 days ago
CALSTART is hiring a Marketing Assistant to support the Marketing and Communications Manager in identifying, developing, and delivering informative communications products and services for activities driving the transition of medium / heavy-duty trucks and fleets to zero-emission vehicles and infrastructure. The person in this role must be competent in translating technical data into easy–to–read and understandable communications for our target audience in the clean transportation industry and the public. While this position will require applying specific marketing tools and strategies, this is a writing position. Candidates highly competent in written communications should apply.
Additionally, the Marketing Assistant will:
- Assist in developing and deploying all communications materials (press releases, factsheets, white papers, event hardcopy, handouts, websites, and social media content, among others) and public-relations efforts that support the Medium- and Heavy-Duty initiatives.
- Partner with the Communications team and program/project leads to develop and execute a results-driven communications strategy and plans for CALSTART's Medium and Heavy-Duty clean transportation initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders, vendors, and agencies to create, focus, and/or deploy informational and/or engagement communications activities and develop supporting collateral.
- Collaborate with and direct communications team and matrixed team members who support campaigns and projects.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry – including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers – to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and providing value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you can make a real impact and benefit both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 2 years of experience in public relations and communication campaign development and execution.
- 2+ years of experience leading multiple, simultaneous communications campaigns of assorted sizes and geographies.
- Significant, focused experience working directly with the press and media such as TV news programs, newspapers, etc.
- A strong network of PR and media contacts, preferably in clean transportation and climate, with the ability to build relationships using strong interpersonal skills with different stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of outreach tactics including public relations, media relations, etc., including in hard-to-reach and underrepresented communities.
- Proficiency in developing, executing, and measuring outreach and engagement campaigns using metric-based reporting.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience developing scopes of work as well as communications plans and budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Master's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- Understanding of/exposure to greenhouse gas and clean air policy and regulations and goals on sustainability.
- Prior experience or exposure to Buffer, Mailchimp, Pardot, and Asana.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART includes the complete salary range amount (minimum to maximum) of the job announced. We determine pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Pay for this role will typically be from $62,000-$68,000.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action employer that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.