Market Analyst II Remote
23 days ago
CALSTART is #Hiring! We seek a Market Analyst II. They will be in partnership determining how regulations support our heavy-duty investment strategy. They will lead market studies, collect data, and quantify the various policy factors that impact the adoption penetration of zero emission vehicles. They support validation & assessment efforts and play a significant role in monitoring activity strategies through data analysis and the assessment of policy.
Additionally, the Market Analyst II will:
- Support research needs related to state and federal truck regulations and policy
- Work closely with data, technology research, and communications teams to create key knowledge products to establish and maintain CALSTART as an industry thought leader in zero-emission trucks and off-road equipment.
- Establish and maintain CALSTART knowledge center consisting of market database(s), industry information, and key analytical toolsets necessary for Truck and Off-Road Initiative.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Physical Sciences, Engineering, a related field or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of quantitative data modeling/market analysis.
- Demonstrated capability and experience to work with industry, academic, or NGO stakeholders to generate information for the clean transportation industry.
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare, and maintain an assortment of data, reports, and information
- Experience with one or more of the following data analysis platforms: Python, MATLAB, Excel, Tableau, R
- Knowledge of key issues around local, state, or federal transportation policies and the ability to create products to drive change in truck and off-road industry
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in internal and external teams, with a proactive, solution-oriented approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graduate degree in Transportation, Physical Sciences, Engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge of key issues around local, state, or federal transportation policies and the ability to create products to drive change in truck and off-road industry.
- Transportation industry experience analyzing or advising on advanced vehicle technologies including zero or low emission vehicles and charging or refueling infrastructure.
- Experience publishing research analysis.
- Experience performing emissions or economic analysis related to transportation.
Salary and Benefits
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work when reporting in-person
- Employee wellness program and employee assistance program
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
#marketanalyst #energy #jobs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $78,000.00 per year