Lead Project Manager - Northeast School Bus - NY or Remote Northeast USA
27 days ago
CALSTART is seeking a Lead Project Manager Northeast School Bus to serve our Northeast Regional Office. You will be the Lead for school bus activities to fulfill secured business and serve as a local representative for school bus growth within the region. Ideally this position would be based in NYC but could be located anywhere in NE Region.
The Lead Project Manager will:
- Lead electric school bus adoption projects in New York and other NE Regional States including planning, procurement, and deployment of buses
- Manage the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region Electric School Bus Working Group, organizing and engaging a broad set of stakeholders around current and relevant electric school bus topics
- Collaborate with the National Electric School Bus Program Manager to develop best practices and technical resource utilization in the Northeast
- Assist the Northeast Regional Office Team in the pursuit of new business opportunities related to school bus electrification efforts.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's Degree in Sustainability, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- A history of success leading complex projects for organizations
- Three years of experience working with grant, incentive, or public procurement processes
- Experience with zero emission bus deployments
- Familiarity with school transportation operations
- Familiarity with electric vehicle and charging industry
- PMP, Project Management Certification
- Experience with long-term strategic planning for fleet electrification
- Experience working with utilities including applications for incentive and make-ready programs
- Knowledge of school district budget and procurement processes
- Understanding of general policy, program, and stakeholder landscape framing electric school bus adoption in NY State/Northeast
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $93,000.00 per year