Global Program Manager, Drive to Zero
30+ days ago
CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly motivated person who is passionate about improving air quality and combatting climate change globally. Our Global Program Manager will work on our Global Commercial Vehicle Drive to Zero program (https://globaldrivetozero.org/), and will lead Drive to Zero's partner recruitment and engagement, infrastructure work, and Drive to Zero activities in key regions, including Canada and/or India. Drive to Zero aims to accelerate the growth of global zero-emission commercial vehicles (ZECVs), with the vision that ZE technology be commercially viable and cost effective in first-success applications (referred to as “beachhead” segments) and first-mover regions by 2025, and dominate new vehicle sales worldwide by 2040. The program has gained incredible momentum since its initial launch in Sep/18, and currently counts on more than 150 pledge partners worldwide, and several strategic regional and global partnerships. The Global Program Manager will work to enable 30% sales of new zero-emission medium- and heavy-duty vehicles (ZE-MHDVs) by 2030 and 100% by 2040, consistent with the ambition of the Global Memorandum of Understanding (https://globaldrivetozero.org/mou/) (MOU) on ZE-MHDVs, recently announced at COP26 and coordinated by CALSTART/Drive to Zero and the Netherlands.
This position will be remote and based in the United States.
Additionally, the Global Program Manager will:
- Lead Drive to Zero's partner recruitment and engagement: define strategic recruitment and engagement priorities; engage with potential and current partners; coordinate new partner onboarding; and develop knowledge products and communications materials to advance partner engagement (e.g., newsletters, surveys).
- Lead Drive to Zero's infrastructure work: establish and manage a regular and structured global information sharing platform between California and other world ZECV stakeholders, with a primary focus on Global Drive to Zero Pledge partners; capture, disseminate and discuss infrastructure planning and implementation lessons pulling from the reports and lessons from California (HVIP, EnergIIZE, etc) and other world leaders; and assemble and publish lessons and findings and make available to share to world stakeholders.
- Lead Drive to Zero activities in key regions, including Canada and/or India: develop strategy and workplan; manage partnerships with government and industry stakeholders, and advise key stakeholders on policies, incentives, infrastructure investments, and pilot projects to advance the commercialization of ZECVs; manage and write strong technical reports and briefings; oversee and develop quantitative and qualitative analyses; and coordinate events and supporting business development opportunities.
- Support and advance all aspects of program coordination, including strategic planning, fundraising, building, and managing relationships with strategic implementation partners, coordinating program-related events and communications, and overseeing knowledge products.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 29 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART's member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses on four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental sciences, economics, or related disciplines preferred, or comparable work experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a strong background and proven knowledge of clean transportation policies and technologies
- English fluency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other relevant industry analysis, modeling, and simulation tools.
- Master's degree in engineering, environmental sciences, economics, or related disciplines preferred, or comparable work experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated understanding and experience with policies, incentives, infrastructure investments, and projects to advance ZECVs (e.g., battery-electric and fuel cell trucks and buses, and related infrastructure)
- Language proficiency in a second language a plus
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply! For qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time