30+ days ago
CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Event Coordinator to join our Marketing & Communications team. This individual will support the Event Manager with all aspects of major event planning for CALSTART including in-person, hybrid, and virtual programming, webinars, Ride & Drives, vehicle shows, and workshops. The Event Coordinator will play a critical role in coordinating with vendors, venues, and contractors to support event logistics.
Additionally, the Event Coordinator will:
- Review and provide suggestions for process improvements on event management procedures
- Coordinate with internal staff, membership, sponsors, external hosts, and others to establish needs for events
- Assist with the development, execution, and post-event needs of CALSTART (and its programs and initiatives) webinars and workshops
- Provide liaison duties to the staff of senior-level executives, government officials, and industry leaders throughout the planning process
- Research resources, conduct site visits, and participate in pre-event meetings when necessary to help track deliverables and tasks in support of event management
- Maintain online website content including industry events calendar, CALSTART events calendar, and presentations from events
- Support logistics and program planning and execution for all events, including contract fulfillment, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, and décor
- Collaborate with other members of the MarCom team, in the development and execution of marketing materials and campaigns
- Maintain and build a comprehensive and accessible database of industry contacts, vendors, and venues
This position is ideally based in the State of California but remote hires in other regions in the US will be considered.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 29 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business Management, Marketing, related field or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of proven success coordinating or assisting with in-person, hybrid, and virtual events
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and solve problems
- A proactive, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- The ability to travel within North America (up to 20%)
- Training and certification in event management or a related discipline (or comparable experience)
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or public relations
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, think tanks, governmental organizations, and industry in clean technologies or climate action
- Proficient with event management systems and registration tools used to manage registration and event logistics
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time