Electric Trucks Media Specialist
30+ days ago
The person in this role will lead education, and communication, to truckers regarding the latest and greatest updates on zero emission commercial trucks. This is a mission driven role at the core coordinating communication campaigns using various social channels and overseeing the projects of consultants on the team. If you have a desire to communicate CALSTART's mission to educate, advise, and assist transportation industry professionals and the public on clean transportation technologies, vehicles, incentives, and information/metrics this would be the role for you.
In addition, the Electric Truck Media Specialist will:
Manage social media accounts, industry feeds, and other social media activities of interest. Deliver and produce weekly reports, engagement plans, and marketing campaigns. Create and/or edit media designed for social media use. Source and post news articles, videos, and interact with social channels FB, IG, TikTok. Bringing fleet resources and outlets to support other teams' with their outreach goals. This position is responsible for all campaign elements from ideation to execution and reporting campaign results to peers and industry stakeholders.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry – including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers – to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and providing value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you can make a real impact and benefit both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in email marketing, public relations and communication campaign development and execution.
- 3+ years of experience leading multiple, simultaneous communications campaigns of assorted sizes and geographies.
- Proficiency in developing, executing, and measuring outreach and engagement campaigns using metric-based reporting.
- Strong knowledge of outreach tactics including public relations, media relations, etc., including in hard-to-reach and disadvantaged communities.
- High level of attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Prior experience or exposure to Buffer, Pardot, and Mailchimp.
- Experience working for truck maker, dealer, transportation company, industry association developing communication campaigns.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
- If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART includes the complete salary range amount $72,000-$99,520 of the job announced. We determine pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Pay for this role will typically be from $72,000-$78,000.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action employer that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.