CALSTART is thriving! We are #hiring an Associate Project Manager (APM) to contribute to building and coordinating work supporting the Light Duty Vehicle initiative, working with both internal technical experts and external stakeholder audiences.
This role will report to and work most closely with the PowerForward Program Manager to advance the PowerForward project. The program promotes in-state battery manufacturing for Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). The position will work closely with project partners and award winners in administrative tasks, such as bi-weekly check ins, quarterly meetings, workflow design and operations, website creation and maintenance, and more. The position will use common tools and frameworks to gather, manage and analyze data. The position will also provide deliverables such as quarterly reports, final project summaries, budget tracking, permits, and more.
While the position will primarily support the PowerForward project, including contributing to the development and management of ZEV Battery Manufacturing grants, the position will also provide general project management support across the Light Duty Vehicle team.
Our Associate Project Manager will also:
- Support and facilitate projects primarily including, but not limited to PowerForward.
- With guidance from the PowerForward program manager, this role will support the main goals/tasks/deliverables of the project.
- Other tasks may include research existing programs and methods, assess best practices, and strategy development.
- Support communication with program stakeholders with weekly/monthly calls, develop program materials and reports, as well as manage awarded grant projects.
- Assist program leadership with projects through technical support (data collection and analysis, presentation creation and delivery, create reports and analysis documents, reviewing grant applications, budget tracking, and implementing controls and procedures).
- Coordinate and administer outreach to in-state potential grant winners for technical assistance in regards to ZEV battery manufacturing
- Develop, along with team members, a solicitation, an application process and an operations plan, to achieve the intended outcomes of the CEC grant.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states and Europe. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road equipment), fuels, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's Degree in project management, environmental policy, or a relevant field, or
- Project Management Experience
- One year of experience working in a field closely related to the role, ideally within grant and/or project management.
- Experience working across various teams in an organization to ensure projects are completed accurately, professionally, and on time
- Experience managing public and private stakeholder engagement and outreach strategy to expand and enhance project participation and industry transformation.
- Knowledge of contracting, solicitations, statements of work
- Knowledge of ZEV supply chain, or energy policy
- Considerable knowledge in the EV space, as well as EV infrastructure.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree in engineering, environmental science, or a relevant field, or equivalent years of experience
- Experience/interest in ZEV and/or ZEV battery manufacturing/supply chain
- Prior knowledge of Batteries, Chemistry, and Battery makeup
- Experience working with environmental or related community organizing
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
Salary and Benefits
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART includes the complete salary range for our Associate Project Manager level ($52,000 to $67,000). This will be combined with the benefits identified above for a total compensation package that is industry leading. We determine starting pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Starting pay for this role will typically be from $52k to $57K.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
#cleantransportation #lithium #sustainability #EV #GHG #batterymanufacturing