Data Entry Assistant (Temporary)
Pasadena, CA, United States
29 days ago
CALSTART has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our Accounting and Finance team as a Temporary Full-time Data Entry Assistant. The Data Entry Assistant will assist with all matters associated with updating and maintaining CALSTART's Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. This platform facilitates project management, project financials, team collaboration, resource management, timekeeping, and business intelligence in a single unified environment. This position will also assist in training, user support, pre and post-payroll activities, and timecard support according to applicable policies, procedures, and business needs.
Additionally, the Data Entry Assistant will:
- Assist in the upkeep and presentation of active projects in the Project Management and Resource Planning System
- Review, enter and maintain high-volume data for the Master Planning system
- Create and manage reports of projects, tasks, and subtasks
- Update and verify all project information, including but not limited to: Budgeted hours, Budgeted dollars, User estimates, Project specifics such as dates and amendments, and Entering Pipeline projects and other data relevant to CALSTART's Job Portfolio
- Assist with the correct and timely upload of expenses including burdens, other direct costs, travel, consultant, sub-recipient, and subcontractor expenses on a set schedule
- Perform data inquiries for projects in support of targeted project updates
- Prepare and run queries to perform analysis of expenditures for projects
This position is based in Pasadena, CA, and will be required to report in person during the initial training period. Hybrid and remote work options will be considered after the onboarding period.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 29 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- 2+ years of related experience in data entry, database management, data scrubbing or related activities
- 3+ years and proficiency of Microsoft Office experience, specifically in MS Excel
- A proactive, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Detailed‐oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Flexible, self‐directed, organized, and responsible
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, a related field, or equivalent years of experience
- Experience working with cloud-based systems, CRMs, or Project Management tools
- Experience developing and conducting training
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Temporary