About the job
We are looking for a Finance Specialist for our new National Sales Company based in Milan, Italy.
In the initial phase, you will support the set-up of finance related procedures. In the long run, you will organize and perform our company’s day-to-day finance related procedures. You need to maintain records for all transactions, prepare weekly invoice submissions and process reimbursements. You will have the opportunity to contribute and expand your finance knowledge and be a part of fast growing company.
The Finance Administrator reports directly to the Country Manager in Italy and to the Finance Manager at the HQ in the Netherlands.
- Support the set-up of financial procedures in the areas of invoicing, accounting, tax, etc.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Monitor daily transactions and bank reconciliations
- Reconcile accounts with customers and clear customer balances in a timely manner, and send reminders to customers regularly
- Review and process reimbursements
- Issue the sales invoices, credit notes, quotations, and PO
- Keep records of the invoices and tax payments
- Identify and address account discrepancies
- Process employee travel expenses and explain reimbursement routines;
- Match invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices;
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy;
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports, and correspondence as required;
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets;
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct;
- Answers questions and provides assistance to stakeholders, customers and clients as needed;
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Participate in reviewing finance related policies and procedures in line the principle of HQ
- Support to handle parts of audit report if required
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- MBO or HBO education in finance, accounting, economics or another related area;
- 1-3 years of working experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate finance functions and procedures;
- Advanced spoken and written English and Italian language skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions);
- SAP user experience will be an asset;
- Excellent communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills;
- Detail oriented and good with analyzing large data.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team