eBuses | Product Engineer
30+ days ago
As a product engineer you will be part of the European Product Development department (EPDD). The European Product Development department (EPDD) plans the sustainable product and technology roadmap for Europe and works on developing advanced, full electric bus and truck series which fulfill current and future European public transportation market needs. So, you will participate in the planning of the product and technology roadmap and discuss technical solutions and directions with China team. You will also participate in technical communication with European leading suppliers and local partners. We will work together to continuously upgrade design and engineering abilities for excellent product performance and quality.
The EPDD team is looking for a product engineer to support the development of our next generation product.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Verify new vehicle technology solutions.
- Track and coordinate testing.
- Be the technical support for the project delivery.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve any technical issues.
- Be involved in the entire design process, from conceptual model creation to production level design and detailing.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/ future trends.
- Analyze and assess the current overall vehicle layout and technical plan.
- Discuss technical details with suppliers.
- Inspect and assess the components and parts.
- Create the solution and modification plan for the problems in the trial production.
- Understand the voice of customer for European electric buses and proactively seek out opportunities for new or current business.
- Support the development of new features and system requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, and specifications.
- Keep up with current and developing engineering trends.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in mechanical or automotive engineering.
- 3 years of experience in the commercial vehicle industry and the ability to resolve complex technical issues/challenges.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software (NX preferably) and a good understanding of possibilities in modelling / simulation.
- Understanding of legislation and standards.
- Understanding of automotive product development process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and Chinese language.
- Be an effective team member, collaborating with supervisor and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output.
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and open to change.
- Inventive mind and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to generate interest and participation of others and a collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Availability to travel.
- Driver license (EU).
- Job in a fast-developing company that stands for sustainable and forward-thinking technology.
- Plenty of career growth opportunities within a fast-growing R&D team.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration.
- Commuting allowance.
- Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team