Los Angeles, CA, United States
27 days ago
BYD Motors is seeking a marketing to coordinate events and support the growth of our North America fleet divisions. The ideal candidate will have experience with event-planning and supporting strategic events including conferences and trade shows.
In this role, the candidate will be tasked with coordinating and attending conferences for our fleet operations. This role is responsible for every aspect of an event, from selecting booth location to evaluating success afterwards. As a successful hire, the candidate will help identify market trends and opportunities for growth. In addition, the candidate will assist with the creation and tracking of marketing collateral. The marketing assistant will also support with allocating department budgets and providing administrative support to our marketing and sales teams.
A bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field is preferred. Prior work experience in administration, sales, event planning or marketing is a plus. Effective written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail are both important keys to success in this role. This role requires traveling, up to 50%.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage all event operations from conception to completion.
- Collaborate with other departments and marketing department to maintain a forecast and strategy.
- Help identify market trends and key opportunities for promotion.
- Research and manage external vendors to ensure quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables.
- Evaluate event’s success, generate leads, and ensure event budgets are adhered to.
- Initiate and coordinate in all efforts to publicize event on social channels.
- Order and inventory marketing collateral and branded premiums
- Act as a liaison between clients and partners.
- Communicate with a variety of internal departments on a daily basis
- Manage shipping and receiving of event collateral
- Maintain event calendars and coordinate with event partners to finalize event times, set up requirements, staff registration, etc.
Marketing Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field preferred.
- Event coordinator and/or marketing assistant experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- $65,000.00 - $70,000.00
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On-site; one location