Los Angeles, CA, United States
27 days ago
This junior accountant position is accountable for assisting in setting the budget and looking for ways to use resources more efficiently so as to increase profits. They identify budget issues that need to be addressed, notify management, and then make recommendations for new budgeting strategies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with other departments to compile budget
- Work closely with other departments to monitor expenses and identify potential extraordinary expenses
- Assist in determining the optimal allocation of project funds and establishing expense policy
- Perform variance analysis to compare budget with actual expenses, investigate and identify root causes of variances
- Provide accurate and timely various reports to support continuous improvement
- Prepare accounting entries in accordance with the company’s policy
- Assist in assessing performance of business partners
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Hands-on detail-oriented tasks. Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation. Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
This job operates in an office environment.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Up to 5% travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or above in accounting or related field.
- Good at Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented, attentive to accuracy, well organized, ability to multi-task workload and a self-starter.
- Mandarin is required