Lancaster, CA, United States
24 days ago
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for supporting logistic request and operations for incoming material delivery. Making arrangements to meet shipment requirements as well as planning and tracking shipments into production facility or to North American warehouses. A team player who is proactive to resolve gaps and ensure delivery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process the transmission and clearance or transfer of cargo, confirming all necessary data and documents are available for entry. Monitor the release and follow up on all ABI/AMS messages including rejects, holds and exam messages, working with government personnel to ensure timely release of cargo.
- Keep proper records of all forms of transactions relating to the company’s logistics operations
- Analyze areas of corporate logistics to find out the most cost-effective means or method of transporting supplies
- Communicate transport or logistics cost to customers or suppliers as needed
- Track shipments across different channels, monitor the entire process of product movement
- Plan, direct, or coordinate the transportation, storage, or distribution of goods and services
- Prepare documents and reports for logistics Manager
- Financial Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and calculator, ten key by touch.
This position can be a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk; or hear.
The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Basic Qualifications Position Requirements
1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Good communication skills on all fronts, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to ensure free flow of company logistics process
- Great attitude to learn and grow
- Excellent time management skills to always ensure efficiency in service delivery
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Preferably speaks and writing in Mandarin
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field