Project Management Engineer (ESS Battery Storage)
Hounslow, United Kingdom
27 days ago
About the role
BYD is currently seeking a UK Project Management Engineer to work from our BYD UK Office, Hounslow, London area, working within the renewable energy sector and with a keen focus on Battery Energy Storage Systems you will join a small but ever growing team. This role will require working alongside and supporting Project Manager in China. After the energy storage container is delivered to the UK, the UK site needs to be coordinated by the local project manager. Responsible for on-site progress control, personnel dispatching and providing better and professional service to customers. As BYD's energy storage market continues to grow in the UK, good after-sales service should be matched with the growth of UK projects. The after-sales team in the UK should be durable and well-staffed. The after-sales service team should reach the highest level in the energy storage market, with the ultimate goal of serving customers.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- British energy storage project manager, responsible for the commissioning work and schedule of energy storage equipment assets in the UK to complete the onsite commissioning work.
- Leading the UK after-sales team, in line with the goal of serving customers, improving customer service satisfaction and fulfilling BYD's after-sales service terms.
- Manage the local after-sales team, personnel management, work plan, work evaluation and evaluation, etc.
- Provide interpretation help and support for the onsite engineers.
- Maintain customer relationships, respond to customer calls, emails, and other feedback methods in a timely manner.
- Cost/budget/financial control of the UK project and after-sales team.
- Follow all BYD UK local procedures.
- Report to HQ. A weekly/monthly/annual report is needed.
- Establish and improve the UK after-sales team, enlarge human resources.
- Mange UK after-sales team's assets.
- Mange UK after-sales team's spares parts.
- Responsible for customer connection and question answering.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Previous managerial experience of preferably within a similar type role
- Familiar with internal process system
- Strong IT Skills, including Microsoft word/excel
- Strong communication skills and lively personality
- Ability to converse effectively with clients/site owners/investors
- Clean UK driving licence
- Ability to read electrical schematics circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams
- Good command of English is essential, second language of Mandarin is an advantageous
- Prove your right to work in the UK
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualification;
- Maximum 25 Days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays;
- Workplace pension;
- Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
About BYD UK
BYD UK is the UK distributor of BYD Company Ltd which is a China-based company and a global leading-edge provider of green energy technologies. BYD UK offers a range of electric vehicles, including all-electric cars, all-electric buses and all-electric forklift trucks. BYD is expanding its UK operations to support a growing portfolio of electric bus projects.
Job reference: J230009