Hounslow, United Kingdom
27 days ago
We are currently seeking a PCV Driver to join our team based in BYD UK Office, Hounslow, London area and reporting directly to the Workshop Manager. PCV Driver is responsible for driving a passenger-carrying vehicle (PCV) between designated locations and assists within the parts department where required.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- To follow, at all times, Injury Prevention rules and health and safety in the workplace.
- To ensure that high visibility vest/coat is always worn in any area where required.
- To ensure that speed limits are observed within bus depots and all road networks at all times.
- To check the condition of the vehicle prior to commencing service by:
- Carry out a safety walk round check. Ensure that any defect/damage on the vehicle or equipment is reported as soon as possible to the right person.
- To comply with the laws and company regulations regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles and the use of prohibited equipment (such as games consoles) whilst on duty..
- To be responsible for the health, safety, security, welfare, environmental and fire safety arrangements for yourself, customers and colleagues. This must include attendance at safety briefings and training as required.
- To ensure all safety accidents/incidents are reported using the company's reporting procedure.
- To ensure a full understanding of emergency and evacuation plans.
- To ensure your work area is kept in a safe and tidy condition at all times.
- To ensure compliance with the rules governing driving hours and rest periods for PCV drivers (Domestic and EU Rules) and the Working Time Directive.
- To provide a high standard of customer service at all times.
- To always behave in a friendly and professional way to customers and colleagues.
- To drive the Company’s vehicles in a safe, legal and professional way.
- To ensure that Out Of Service is displayed on the vehicle's destination blind whilst collecting or delivering customer vehicles.
- To keep up to date with road closures, diversions or special events which may affect your route whilst collecting or delivering a customer’s vehicle. This is done by checking mapping and traffic updates.
- Delivering parts to customers deport using the company vehicle, ensuring all parts are signed for and delivered to the correct location/depot.
- Stock checks, inputs and outputs
- Any other reasonable duties requested by your line manager
Ideal candidate profile:
- To ensure that a valid driving license is held at all times and is available for inspection by a member on staff of the Company at any time.
- Their licence is in date and valid for the vehicle type.
- Their licence has the required medical renewals up to date.
- Their licence Driver CPC qualifications are up to date.
- Any change to the licence which may affect their entitlement to drive is communicated to their line manager (e.g. Sickness, injury or conviction).
- Their licence is made available for inspection in every 3 month period.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualification;
- 25 Days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays;
- Workplace pension;
- Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
About BYD UK
BYD UK is the UK distributor of BYD Company Ltd which is a China-based company and a global leading-edge provider of green energy technologies. BYD UK offers a range of electric vehicles, including all-electric cars, all-electric buses and all-electric forklift trucks. BYD is expanding its UK operations to support a growing portfolio of electric bus projects.