(Senior) Product Research Engineer
7 days ago
About the role:
The (Senior) Product Research Engineer will be responsible for conducting in-depth research and analysis of the European passenger car market. This includes conducting market research, analyzing competitor data, gathering user feedback, and staying up-to-date with advancements in automotive technology and intellectualization to facilitate the optimization of existing products, product launch strategies, and the development of new ones.
The European Product Department focus on market, customer, policy, regulation researches, and competitor analysis to develop a comprehensive product strategy that aligns with our vision and goals. We aim at creating an impactful European NEV portfolio that exceeds user and market expectations, while ensuring that all regulatory frameworks and business requirements are met. With the successful introduction of BYD HAN and BYD ATTO 3 in 2022, we are excited to welcome talents who can support us in bringing more competitive passenger car models to the market in 2023.
As a member of the European Product Department, the (Senior) Product Research Engineer will report directly to the EU Product Manager (Passenger Car).
- Conduct market research to identify current and future trends in the European passenger car market, including user segmentation, competitive landscape, and technological advancements.
- Conduct comprehensive competitor research and analysis to benchmark product matrix, technology application, and configuration levels. Provide insights and guidance for BYD passenger car localization, ensuring that our product offerings are well-positioned in the targeted market.
- Conduct customer research within the target European markets to identify key customer needs and preferences. Develop segmentation and persona analysis to support product development, ensuring that our products are tailored to meet the needs of different customer groups.
- Collaborate with internal departments such as R&D, marketing, and sales to provide fact-based technical advice in product development plans, life-cycle management, product improvements, and new feature development. Participate in the product design review process to ensure that new products meet customer needs and are aligned with our product strategy.
- Collaborate with product colleagues in HQ to develop pricing strategies, including configuration gradients for the targeted market, TCO and RV models. Ensure that our products are priced competitively and are aligned with customer expectations.
- Support product marketing activities such as customer clinics, product launches, and test-drive events in Europe. Ensure that our products are effectively marketed and engaged with customers.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field.
- 3 years of experience in the automotive or relevant industry. A product management background will be a plus.
- Excellent oral / written communication skill in English is mandatory. Chinese or other European languages will be a plus.
- A global view of the NEV technical path, performance parameters, design, and their perceptual impacts on the UX.
- Strong data collection and analytical skills, with the ability to extract and present critical insights.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all technical teams and disciplines.
- Disciplined, fact-based, and rational approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a customer-centric, can-do, live-and-learn mindset.
- Passion for NEVs and sustainability.
- Understanding of NEV technical paths, performance parameters, design, and their impact on UX.
- Valid driving license B or equivalent driving license for passenger cars.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan, commuting allowance
- 25 days of annual leave with opportunity to purchase 5 extra holidays
- An exciting opportunity to lead European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team