FORKLIFT SHOP TECHNICIAN
Compton, CA, United States
27 days ago
BYD NORTH AMERICA is the world's largest provider of zero-emission renewable energy products and services – including the world’s best electric buses, cars, and trucks, energy storage systems, and solar power systems.
We are seeking a hands-on and quality driven Forklift Shop Mechanic / Technician to use your skills and talents to perform the following:
- Prepare forklift vehicles to meet customer demands.
- Ship and receive forklift, parts, and accessories.
- Troubleshooting and repair forklift and equipment as needed.
- Organize and maintain warehouse and forklift parts.
We are immediately seeking a Full-Time Forklift Shop Mechanic / Technician! Pre-employment and Random drug testing performed.
- High School diploma/GED
- Ability to use hand and power tools to repair forklift trucks
- Completion of forklift truck mechanics training course is preferred
- Knowledge in Microsoft word, excel, etc. is preferred
- Basic knowledge in electrical systems is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., unaided.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, inclusive of aptitude and attitude.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- One (1) to three (3) years' previous equipment, material handling, or automotive experience preferred.
- Forklift maintenance experience preferred.
- Previous equipment, material handling, or automotive experience, preferred.
- Veterans encouraged to apply.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all parts of the forklift truck needing repairs or maintenance, either by kneeling or lying on back.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Position Work Site:
The work site for this position will be Compton, California.
BYD North America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BYD Company Limited. Founded in 1995, BYD Company is the world’s largest provider of renewable energy, green transportation, and high technology manufacturing products and services. Today, the company has over 230,000 employees spread over 50 campuses across 6 continents. BYD Company is a publicly-traded company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange with a market capitalization of $17.2 billion dollars. The company’s single-largest public shareholder is Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Energy. BYD Company has received international acclaim and numerous prestigious awards for its work in the technology and manufacturing sector, including being selected as #1 on Bloomberg’s and Business Week's Tech 100 List, being selected as #15 on Fortune Magazine’s list of companies that are changing the world, receiving the Sustainia Award for Top 10 Global Innovators in Clean Tech, being awarded the United Nation’s Award of Special Recognition for Powering the Future We Want, receiving the Zayed Future Energy Prize for Sustainability, and being selected as one of Fast Company’s 2018 Most Innovative Companies.