We are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer. This new talent will be located at our HQ in Zaragoza (Spain) and join our Global Electrical Department that is engaged in the development of wind, solar, energy storage, PtX and PHS projects worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Participate in the development of large-scale hybrid renewable projects.
- Hybrid work to achieve a great work-life balance.
- Career development framework.
- Attractive social benefit package.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role as Senior Electrical Engineer requires adaptability and flexibility. You work closely together with the team in Spain, but you will also have strong ties to the rest of the team worldwide.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks may include:
- Definition and Negotiation of the Scope of Work.
- Communicate information about local conditions for grid connection to the organization and project team.
- Review electrical specifications in BOP and OEM contracts and ensure compliance with local grid requirements.
- Responsible for the Project’s Deliverables such as Single Line Diagrams, Load Lists, Cable (routing and sizing), Design Reports, Power System Studies, Cost Estimates, Equipment and Substations Layouts, etc.
- Review electrical design for compliance with relevant electrical grid codes and requirements.
- Definition and sizing of Electrical Equipment for substations, including Power factor compensation and Power Quality.
- Experience also in the Technical Review of Project Documents and accustomed with QA/QC processes.
Preferably, we expect you to enrich our business with the following experience and skills:
- BSc. or MSc. in High Voltage Engineering or other relevant degree in Electrical Engineering.
- +7 years’ hands-on experience with HV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing and specifications – preferably from the renewable industry.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of power system studies and simulation tools such as Power Factory and PSCAD.
- Experience with relevant electrical grid codes and connection processes to the grid.
- Understanding of contracts.
Besides, you contribute with the following personal traits:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage interfaces and cooperation across various stakeholders.
- Organized and having the big picture of a complex contractual and electrical design land scape.
- Impeccable detail oriented while working with many tasks and short deadlines.
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, agile, adaptable and “can do” attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills (full professional proficiency: in English and Spanish).
WHY JOIN BLUE POWER PARTNERS?
Our people are the foundation of our success. We aim to foster an entrepreneurial and sustainable working environment with a strong balance and healthy working habits to retain and attract talented people. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts; Trust, Entrepreneurship & Balance.
To succeed in realizing our vision and mission, we must grow and develop as individuals and as a company. We invest in our people, and we are dedicated to helping you reach your full potential – when you grow, we grow.
Joining our company means entering a flat organization, where we strive to make a F-A-S-T environment that supports our people to stay flexible and agile. Your well-being matters to us, and we provide a supportive community to ensure you feel valued and trusted. When you join us, you are a partner in our journey, and your contributions make a difference that matters.
We request no agency applications or approaches.
Blue Power Partners, Spain
Calle de María Zambrano 31
About Blue Power Partners
Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy company that supports worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX and storage projects.
We are determined to drive change, and guided by our vision to accelerate the green transition, we work collectively to make a difference that really matters. You will join a diverse team of colleagues who all share our vision and passion for renewable energy. It is an essential part of our culture that we support each other, learn from each other, and celebrate each other's achievements. Together, we make a real difference.
During the recruitment process, Blue Power Partners is processing all registered personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection (GDPR), and we reserve the right to screen the SM accounts of potential candidates.