Offshore FOU Installation Manager
Blue Power Partners
30+ days ago
Do you want to be part of a global consultancy and project development company with a dedicated focus on developing renewable energy? Blue Power Partners aims to contribute to a sustainable future by accelerating a carbon-neutral planet.
About the job
We are looking for a candidate that will be responsible for the FOU Installation scopes on behalf of our customer in Taiwan. With the projects in the Pre-Financial Close phase, the key part of the role is to ensure delivery of the contracts allowing for safe, efficient, and successful installation of FOUs on the customer's project. FC is aimed at Q1-2024, after which execution management of the FOU installation scope is required. Initially, the role requires active involvement of management of stakeholder interfaces both internally (i.e. EIA, ENG, FOU, Cable, WTG) as well as externally (i.e. Offshore Installation Contractors, MWS, Ports, Specialized equipment suppliers, and FOU fabricators), to ensure an efficient design and contract setup for the project. The second phase, the actual preparation for installation and subsequently the execution, will follow thereafter.
This includes immediate project tasks such as:
- Plan and execute technical concept development and assessment
- Drive technical and commercial requirements for contracting of cable installation package and support other packages with interface requirements
- Prepare ITT material together with T&I Bid manager and procurement team
- Prepare notes and presentations to internal/external stakeholders, in order to inform status, forward strategies, and key decision making
- Prepare cost-, time- and resource estimates to inform the wider project planning
- Establish models and generic templates for effective cross-portfolio working
- Manage project envelope and support environmental impact assessment
- Participate in various workshops and meetings in the project- and wider customer organization in order to discuss risk/opportunities and exchange information
- Identify innovative solutions available in the market and assess the feasibility/implement ability for the project at hand
- Initially the position might require the candidate to assist the WTG and OSS packages for their installation scopes
During the preparation phase for these projects, the direct reporting line will be to the BPP T&I Bid manager until post-FC handover to FOU Package Manager. Meanwhile supported by the wider BPP organization to ensure successful delivery of the task.
As stated before, post-FC the customer will subsequently prepare for execution, where assistance is required in the bidding process, leading up an expansion of the portfolio.
This includes future project tasks such as:
- Contract management of the FOU installation (sub)packages, supported by contract managers.
- Plan project activities and deliverables to secure successful and timely development/delivery
- Prepare risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Prepare progress reports on finance, risk, safety, progress for internal stakeholders
- Identify and implement learnings from elsewhere in the portfolio
- Identify opportunities and apply continuous improvement methodology throughout the project
The working location for this position is the currently rated nr1 and vibrant expat location, Taipei, Taiwan.
We expect you to have relevant education and relevant experience from a similar role. Being successful in this role depends on your abilities to maneuver in a young, entrepreneurial organization where no two days are the same. You are curious, outgoing, and eager to empower your potential.
You enjoy taking initiative and responsibility, and on top of that, you are likely to enrich our business with the following personal traits:
- Fluent in English language is a must
- Engineering degree (BSc or MSc)
- Knowledge of and network in the existing supply chain for offshore installation
- Previous offshore FOU installation experience is preferred
- Experience within procurement, contract, and claim management (e.g. FIDIC and BIMCO contracts would be beneficial).
- Demonstrate high safety focus and awareness
- Excellent communicator verbally and in writing
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to work closely with external suppliers and clients.
- Agile, adaptable, and flexible in responding to the changing needs of the organization
- Strong communications/interpersonal skills
- Experienced in MS Office tools
BPP Offshore, Taiwan
No.68, Section 5, Zhongxiao East Road, Xinyi District
About Blue Power Partners
Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX and storage projects.
Working at Blue Power Partners means being part of an international company and working alongside people with a broad range of skills, from a variety of cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic and entrepreneurial spirit.
During the recruitment process, Blue Power Partners is processing all registered personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection (GDPR), and we reserve the right to screen the SM accounts of potential candidates.