Transport & Installation Consultant - South Korea
Blue Power Partners
Seoul, South Korea
30+ days ago
Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy and project development company with a dedicated focus on developing renewable energy.
We are looking for a Transport and Installation (T&I) Consultant to join our offshore wind development and delivery team in Seoul, South Korea. As part of Blue Power Partners´ Offshore team, you play an integrated role in developing renewable energy and creating value for our clients.
About the Job
The T&I Consultant is a vital member of the construction package during the development and, later, the execution of offshore wind project(s) off the coast of South Korea. The T&I Consultant is working in a team to manage technical and commercial aspects related to the T&I packages of floating and fixed bottom offshore wind turbines, including management of interfaces with other project packages such as foundations, cables, offshore substations, and wind turbines. For this role, the candidate must have had some exposure in the fields of offshore and/or marine engineering, including offshore T&I experience, project management, contract management, and tender document preparation.
Your accountabilities are likely to vary, but your main tasks may include:
- Support the T&I Package Manager in delivering the project objectives with responsibility for planning, design, procurement, and management of the offshore T&I package throughout the various stages of the project(s).
- Working in close relationship with designers, clients, contractors, advisors, and developers of the project(s).
- Interface with other package managers to ensure the overall development is successfully planned, designed, procured and delivered
- Coordination and alignment with all support functions such as Commercial/Procurement, Legal, Insurance, Contracts, Finance, and Permits and ensuring requirements are aligned all aspects related to the T&I package including.
- Provision of technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy to identify and select suppliers and contractors for the project(s)
- Scoping of tender materials with all relevant technical and commercial requirements in cooperation with the commercial managers assigned to the T&I package.
- Participate in commercial and technical discussions and negotiations with potential suppliers, contractors, and advisors to the project and manage the delivery of the contracted scope.
- Manage, review, and monitor Cost, schedule, and risk developments and progress for all T&I-related scopes and workstreams during all project phases.
- Provide direction and support to any direct reports assigned to your scope.
- All while adhering to project program requirements.
The position will be based in Seoul, South Korea, and includes both domestic and occasional international travel activities upon request by T&I Package Manager.
As the rest of us, you must be passionate about developing renewable energy, and you thrive in an international environment. We work cross-functionally and therefore, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and strong abilities of maneuvering in a technical and performance-driven organization where no two days are the same.
Preferably, we expect you to enrich our business with the following experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marine/offshore engineering or other related fields.
- 3-5 years of proven experience from large-scale industrial offshore project environment.
- Preferably experience in the offshore wind industry (fixed bottom or floating wind).
- Exposed to marine operations, e.g., salvage, anchor handling, etc.
- Exposed to contract management, contractual negotiations, and commercial risk management.
- Experience in tendering and supplier selection process.
- Pro-active team player with a diligent approach and good interpersonal skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to keep the overview, work under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
- Project Management experience and certification (preferred, not required) or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in Korean and English, both verbally and written.
Our people are our greatest asset and the driver of our success - when our people grow, we grow. We love social events and celebrations, prioritize knowledge sharing, and offer the possibility to grow professionally and personally within our company.
Blue Power Partners is the people!
Blue Power Partners, South Korea
Korea, Republic of Seoul Teugbyeolsi
About Blue Power Partners
Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX and storage projects.
Working at Blue Power Partners means being part of an international company and working alongside people with a broad range of skills, from a variety of cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic and entrepreneurial spirit.
During the recruitment process, Blue Power Partners is processing all registered personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection (GDPR), and we reserve the right to screen the SM accounts of potential candidates.