Senior Development Associate
Oakland, CA, United States
30+ days ago
Audubon has more than 700 staff working across the United States and seven countries in 17 state and regional offices, 41 nature centers, and 23 wildlife sanctuaries. Together as one Audubon, we aspire to alter the course of climate change and habitat loss, leading to healthier bird populations and reversing current trends in biodiversity loss.
Audubon is committed to a culture of workplace excellence, where our talented and diverse staff are deeply engaged, with a strong sense of belonging. The birds Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. By honoring and celebrating the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Audubon will bring new creativity, effectiveness, and leadership to our work throughout the hemisphere.
The Senior Development Associate will play an important role in Audubon’s fund development program in the Pacific Flyway, which consists of California, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. This position will report to the Senior Director, Major Giving and Campaigns, Pacific Flyway and will work closely with development staff throughout the Pacific Flyway. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco.Essential Functions:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Senior Director and state development leads including scheduling travel, arranging meetings, printing, and preparing materials and processing expense reimbursements.
- Help staff the Executive Director, VP and Senior Director of the Pacific Flyway in matters related to fundraising.
- Conduct personalized stewardship through thank you calls and personalized invitations to special events in the area for unassigned donors, may carry a small portfolio.
- Coordinate accurate donor and prospect data collection and management in Salesforce.
- Track development department progress towards annual goal, benchmarks and prepare regular (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) reports as directed by Senior Director and state development leads.
- Manage preparation of proposals, reports, strategies, special donor correspondence, and donor/prospect meeting briefings, event.
- briefings, and donor mailings related major donor programs.
- Conduct research on donors and prospects and create custom profiles as requested.
- Coordinate implementation of fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events for the Pacific Flyway including tracking attendance and executing follow-up strategies.
- Work with the Director of Development to implement an electronic and direct mail appeals for the Pacific Flyway, this includes:
- Helping draft appeal letters.
- Identifying and creating lists for each scheduled appeal.
- Managing and maintaining appeal donation records and providing reports of performance for each appeal.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the VP, Senior Director, and development leads.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience supporting development, marketing/communications, or equivalent experience required.
- A self-starter, problem solver, and team player with a can-do attitude. Must be able to juggle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills also a must.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; experience working with online databases/donor management systems desired. Ability to maintain confidentiality, while exercising discretion and personal judgment where appropriate.
- Interest, understanding, and commitment to the mission of the National Audubon Society, and ability to communicate Audubon’s
- mission, goals, and programs effectively.
- Flexibility with hours, with availability to work occasional weekend or evening events, when needed. Must have a valid Driver’s License.