New York City, NY, United States
30+ days ago
Audubon has more than 700 staff working across the United States and seven countries in 17 state and regional offices, 41 nature centers, and 23 wildlife sanctuaries. Together as one Audubon, we aspire to alter the course of climate change and habitat loss, leading to healthier bird populations and reversing current trends in biodiversity loss.
Audubon is committed to a culture of workplace excellence, where our talented and diverse staff are deeply engaged, with a strong sense of belonging. The birds Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. By honoring and celebrating the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Audubon will bring new creativity, effectiveness, and leadership to our work throughout the hemisphere.
The Cloud Administrator will be responsible for building, managing, monitoring, supporting, and scaling Audubon’s cloud and hosting infrastructure and report to the Director of IT & Application Dev. This role will lead the design, development, construction, and migration of a hybrid cloud environment. You will serve as a key expert with knowledge working within a hybrid cloud environment including public and private cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, and VMware as well as intranets and hosting services.Essential Functions:
- Primary resource to the technology team in design, deployment and support of PaaS and IaaS solutions in a public and private cloud platform such as AWS/Azure and VMware.
- Perform necessary migration of data and services from on-prem/private to public cloud platforms.
- Assist in the operational development and support of newly implemented AWS/Azure applications and microservices.
- Handle case management, incident management, change management, cloud incident response policy management/execution and proactive monitoring of the hybrid cloud infrastructure and hosting services.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system infrastructure including working with Digital Products and Engineering to ensure that cloud services and platforms are healthy, secure, and up to date.
- Partner with Data, Engineering and Support teams to ensure a highly functioning and available environment.
- Manage sandboxes, deployments, and log reviews for the Salesforce environment with 200+ users and serve on rotation as system administrator.
- Serve as the main liaison between IT, vendors, and the Digital Products team for the hosting, maintenance, and reliability of the Drupal-based parts of the public web site on the Pantheon WebOps platform and other web products as assigned.
- Provide IT system administration for the SharePoint based intranet.
- Provide support to Engineering in its SDLC, continuous integration, and environment management (development, test and production) architecture and configuration.
- Work directly with network support to ensure that all internal equipment is upgraded/patched in a timely manner and that the equipment is in peak working order.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Information Technology as to improvements or upgrades that can be done to each of the environments to ensure that the organization is applying a continual improvement methodology.
- AWS/Azure Administrator and Architect certifications a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; relevant professional experience working at a tech company or in a tech role will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with private and public cloud platforms, specifically AWS/Azure.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Windows technologies such as Windows Server 2008-2019, SQL Server 2008-2019, Microsoft IIS, and other Microsoft server technologies.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a support technician, systems administrator, web administrator, and/or support engineer.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with VMware technologies preferred.
- A thorough technical understanding of cloud server configuration, serverless services, and related systems administration, particularly for AWS and/or Azure.
- Strong understanding of web application architecture, protocols, and security best practices.
- Past migration experience from private cloud environments to public cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of Drupal CMS, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Jamstack and headless architectures, preferred.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and SysOps Administrator certifications strongly preferred.
- Experience with administration and design on SharePoint 2013 or later, preferred.
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.