Seasonal Visitor Center Associate
Naples, FL, United States
30+ days ago
Audubon has more than 700 staff working across the United States and seven countries in 17 state and regional offices, 41 nature centers, and 23 wildlife sanctuaries. Together as one Audubon, we aspire to alter the course of climate change and habitat loss, leading to healthier bird populations and reversing current trends in biodiversity loss.
Audubon is committed to a culture of workplace excellence, where our talented and diverse staff are deeply engaged, with a strong sense of belonging. The birds Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. By honoring and celebrating the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Audubon will bring new creativity, effectiveness, and leadership to our work throughout the hemisphere.
The Seasonal Visitor Center Associate will support the Blair Audubon Visitor Center operations and guest services including Admissions, Nature Store and Gallery Cafe sales, general visitor and volunteer assistance, boardwalk closing and membership sales. The Center Associate will work in the Center and provide excellent customer service by eagerly welcoming each visitor with information about the Sanctuary with warmth and kindness.
Audubon’s COVID Policy: all new hires must be fully vaccinated prior to their start of employment unless they are pre-qualified by HR for exemption. COVID-19 mitigation at the Visitor Center includes frequent sanitation, a Plexiglas partition, a Merv-13 filtration system, timed ticketing, and the closure of some amenities.
This is a full-time seasonal position working up to 40 hours per week
- Delivers excellent customer service contributing to a welcoming environment for all guests, visitors, members, volunteers, and event attendees coming through the Visitor Center.
- Promotes, sells, and renews memberships.
- Proactively assesses visitor needs.
- Answers the Center’s main phone line and expedites calls to appropriate departments or staff members.
- Handles difficult situations with tact and respect and reports all issues to the Supervisor.
- Provides up-to-date information to visitors regarding special events, the Nature Store, and Café.
- Develops an understanding of the ecology and natural history of Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
- Responsible for all cash and credit card transactions for sales.
- Supports retail operations throughout the Visitor Center.
- Assists with special events.
- Assists with end of day facility closure by clearing the Sanctuary campus and boardwalk to ensure all visitors have safely exited.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a customer service, retail, or administrative support role.
- Ability to quickly learn a point of sale/ticketing database.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be eager to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, potentially noisy environment.
- Must work well in a team and professionally represent Audubon to the public and volunteers.
- Ability to handle cash and receipts accurately.
- Able to follow directions and work autonomously.
- Computer experience and high comfort level with technology, including Outlook and other web-based applications.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to walk at least 3 miles in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.