Fargo, ND, United States
24 days ago
Audubon has more than 700 staff working across the United States and seven countries in 17 state and regional offices, 41 nature centers, and 23 wildlife sanctuaries. Together as one Audubon, we aspire to alter the course of climate change and habitat loss, leading to healthier bird populations and reversing current trends in biodiversity loss.
Audubon is committed to a culture of workplace excellence, where our talented and diverse staff are deeply engaged, with a strong sense of belonging. The birds Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. By honoring and celebrating the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Audubon will bring new creativity, effectiveness, and leadership to our work throughout the hemisphere.
The Operations Manager will provide high-quality administrative support to the Audubon Dakota’s program. Specifically, they will be responsible for the processing of gifts and gift acknowledgments, payables, contract administration, assisting with grants, and ensuring the smooth operation of the Dakota’s office. This position will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and be responsible for board meeting logistics. This position is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. The position is located in Fargo, ND, and reports to the Executive Director.Essential Functions:
- Serve as the office financial point of contact for the Audubon Dakota program:
- Supervise operating expense account with accounts payable responsibility and submit reimbursement requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure bills are paid on a timely basis and that invoices are coded correctly with sufficient documentation in Audubon’s Online Invoice System to reflect the type of expense, the nature of the work, and the grant or funding source (as necessary).
- Report any errors to headquarters and follow up to make sure the issue is resolved.
- Assist in sending invoices and tracking receivables.
- Maintain and ensure receipts for purchasing card activity are organized, received, and approved for each and every item in Audubon’s PCR system.
- Process all income received, including reimbursements and cash gifts, and submit deposits to the National Audubon Society with appropriate paperwork.
- Maintain internal revenue/expenses tracking to aid in project outcomes.
- Maintain agreements with and process check requisitions for payment to independent contractors.
- Assist with financial reports and other reports as may be required throughout the year.
- Prepare and distribute internal communications regarding budget, financial, and grant administration.
- Provide operational support for the Dakota Working Lands Program:
- Assist in managing documentation and process payments of landowner payment requests for Audubon Dakotas’ Prairie Management Toolbox and Conservation Foraging programs.
- Prepare and transmit invoices to lessees, and small foundation grantors.
- Assist National Grants Specialist with preparing invoices and payment requests for large foundation and government grants.
- Assist with the mail or electronic submission of proposals, reports, and correspondence as needed.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget as requested by the Executive Director.
- Manage all office contracts in compliance with Audubon policy, and coordinate the processing of contracts with the National Finance Contracts Administrator. Assist program staff with drafting contracts based on standard Audubon terms and conditions.
- Manage logistics of Audubon Dakota board meetings and other key meetings, including dissemination of materials, securing and managing locations and refreshments, etc.
- Prepare the Executive Director’s monthly expense reimbursement ensuring all expenses are coded properly, receipts are attached, and in accordance with Audubon policy.
- Manage gift receipt and processing function to ensure excellent service to Audubon Dakota’s donors and provide support to development staff as needed.
- Update donor records in Salesforce (our donor database), including donor contact/activity notes, contact information and preferences, and other donor information as requested.
- Inventory and order office supplies.
- Manage the organization of the office and handle building/maintenance issues as they arise. Coordinate schedules to cover building hours.
- Serve as point of contact for office vendors and National support staff colleagues.
- Assist with new employee onboarding.
- Provide clerical support, sort incoming and prepare outgoing mail; answer the office phone.
- Assist with events such as donor cultivation events.
- Other duties as requested.
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in an office administration role OR a combination of higher education and 2+ years'. administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems.
- Experience in bookkeeping/AR/AP.
- Experience working with donors and development processes a plus.
- Experience in contract preparation a plus.
- Proven ability to track and move tasks/projects to completion including completing reports, meeting deadlines, and meeting budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to learn new software.
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, as well as part of a small team.
- Self-motivated, dedicated to accomplishing tasks.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and be able to take initiative and solve problems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.