The National Audubon Society is a nonprofit conservation organization that protects birds and the places they need today and tomorrow. We work throughout the Americas towards a future where birds thrive because Audubon is a powerful, diverse, and ever-growing force for conservation. Audubon has more than 700 staff working across the hemisphere and more than 1.5 million active supporters.
North America has lost three billion birds since 1970, and more than 500 bird species are at risk of extinction across Latin America and the Caribbean. Birds act as early warning systems about the health of our environment, and they tell us that birds – and our planet – are in crisis. Together as one Audubon, we are working to alter the course of climate change and habitat loss, leading to healthier bird populations and reversing current trends in biodiversity loss. We do this by implementing on-the-ground conservation, partnering with local communities, influencing public and corporate policy, and building community.
Audubon is committed to a culture of workplace excellence, where our talented and diverse staff are deeply engaged with a strong sense of belonging. The birds Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. By honoring and celebrating the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Audubon brings new creativity, effectiveness, and leadership to our work throughout the hemisphere.
This position is scheduled approximately (20-22 hours a week) on the weekends. This position works weekends during the day, weekday evenings, covers evening weekend wedding events and has 1-2 shifts during the work week.
- Carry out opening and closing tasks for each shift to ensure the building is ready to open to the public (or ready for event) or secured at close.
- Help other GIAC staff and/or catering staff move entrance tables, furniture, and exhibitions prior to rental setup
- Greet and guide vendors and guests during rental set up
- Greet and guide visitors when they enter the building and sign them into our POS
- Ensure that visitor engagement items are restocked
- Perform office administrative duties as assigned
- Complete data entry for daily attendance in visitor software system
- Monitor and maintain restrooms and general building needs during shift
- Keep all AV equipment labeled and inventoried
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies
- Assist caterer with building needs as they arise, with light janitorial duties and light maintenance needs
- Assist guests with questions
- Administer and complete end of rental check list with the catering staff lead
- Clearly communicate end of shift notes with supervisor
- Provide feeding care to Grange Insurance Audubon Center animal ambassadors based on approved schedule
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent
- One to three years customer service experience
- Problem solving, independence and resourcefulness
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic computer knowledge with POS system, Microsoft products
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Ideally passionate about nature and conservation