Seasonal Site Supervisor
Audubon, PA, United States
30+ days ago
Audubon has more than 700 staff working across the United States and seven countries in 17 state and regional offices, 41 nature centers, and 23 wildlife sanctuaries. Together as one Audubon, we aspire to alter the course of climate change and habitat loss, leading to healthier bird populations and reversing current trends in biodiversity loss.
Audubon is committed to a culture of workplace excellence, where our talented and diverse staff are deeply engaged, with a strong sense of belonging. The birds Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. By honoring and celebrating the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Audubon will bring new creativity, effectiveness, and leadership to our work throughout the hemisphere.
The John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove will to hire two, part-time seasonal Site Supervisors to support events and visitor services at the site. These are temporary positions for up to six months. Shifts include weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Work schedules and total hours worked will vary based on the candidate’s availability and flexibility.Essential Functions:
- Follow detailed check-list in preparing the site for rental events; duties will include equipment set-up; stocking supplies, cleaning floors, windows, and restrooms; and receiving inventory.
- Serve as a key holder ensuring facilities opened and locked at appropriate times.
- Ability to safely operate equipment, including but not limited to golf cart, industrial floor cleaner, basic knowledge of operating lawn care equipment would be a huge plus.
- Serve as a liaison with catering staff, vendors, and rental clients throughout the event period; respond to questions and monitor activities to ensure rules and regulations are followed by all parties.
- Direct and manage traffic during peak arrival times; use golf cart to shuttle guests and move equipment.
- Inspect site before, during and after events; document damage and incidents involving guests with assistance from the manager-on-call.
- Provide basic on-grounds landscaping, cleanliness, and maintenance support to ensure the site is attractive to guests.
- Provide staffing support as needed in other areas, such as gift shop, admissions, and visitor experiences.
- Participate in schedule staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist in supervising individual and group volunteers assigned to support building and grounds maintenance.
- Driver’s License; will be asked to drive golf carts.
- Be able to lift at least 50lbs and 25lbs consistently.
- Time and weekend flexible; must be able to stay longer than scheduled time when the need arises.
- Not your first job; Center Assistants need to be able to think on their feet and experience is extremely valuable in this aspect.
- Willing to get hands dirty and be able to work during the week when called upon (not applicable for all Site Supervisor’s).
- Personable and friendly even when pushed or doing duties outside of your description; lots of face to face time with vendors, JAM Catering staff, and customers.