Communications & Marketing Lead
13 days ago
Note: this position can be based in either Brussels or Paris
Astanor Ventures is an impact investor that backs ambitious entrepreneurs across the world with disruptive, scalable solutions that will create systemic change across the agrifood value chain, from soil to gut. Astanor partners with founders who are committed to restoring balance and sustainability to the land and oceans, prioritizing nature and culture, nurturing change and feeding growth.
About the position:
Responsibilities: The associate will provide cross-functional support to the communications, impact and investor relations teams.
- Digital Communications: Create and manage regular content for digital communications channels (email, web and social media).
- Events: Manage events calendar and ensure Astanor is represented at key industry events. Support in production of events for entrepreneurs, investors & greater ecosystem.
- Media Monitoring & Reporting: Monitor global media outlets for news regarding the firm and portfolio companies. Ensure regular monthly reporting on communications objectives to management team.
- Content Development: Write and design firm communications materials (fund presentations, web content, blog articles, newsletters).
- Public Relations: Support development of relationships with key media outlets, prepare interview briefs, write press releases and other media communications.
- Investor Relations: Provide regular updates to investors through investment announcements and regular newsletters. Support in production of investor relations and fundraising materials.
- Impact Creation Report: Assist in writing and designing annual impact creation report.
- Community Management: Support in building global community of agrifood tech entrepreneurs (industry and corporate events, webinars, digital community management).
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a communications, marketing and/or public relations role
- Completed a degree in Communications/Marketing, Business or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English & French
- Genuine enthusiasm for agrifood, sustainability, impact investing and/or venture capital. Experience in any of these sectors a plus.
- Proficiency in social media tools and platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
- Eye for design, demonstrate proficiency in Power Point, Canva, and website management tools
- Autonomous self-starter with experience working in an international environment
- Nice to have: Understanding of basic principles of ESG, CSR and/or Impact investing
Contact: Madeleine Futterman, Communications Manager, email@example.com