Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
Arbor Day Farm is the 260-acre property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation where our mission comes to life.
The Lied Lodge is looking for a Steward to join our team!
- Flexibility in your schedule. A drive to earn some extra money.
- Sense of honesty and integrity. Ability to follow policies and procedures to ensure guests are happy with service.
- A love for working on your feet. You must have the ability to stand on your feet for long hours and frequently lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally 50 lbs.
- Be a part of a fast-paced work environment. Ensure clean and sanitized dishes, pots, pans, and utensils efficiently. May provide assistance in other areas when slow.
- Gain experience from an upscale restaurant. Kickstart your career in the hospitality industry.
- Work individually. Able to put in headphones and jam out while you complete tasked work.
- Identify Safety Hazards. Ability to identify safety hazards and equipment issues to supervisor.
- Follow health department guidelines. Ensure guidelines are followed and proper use of equipment.
- Opportunity to advance. Ability to advance to other positions throughout the property.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your mental health. We offer an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) where you and your family can access free counseling sessions and much more support.
- We will feed you. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day.
- We invest in your future. 401k participation for ALL Team Members.
- We want to stay connected. Well include you on our property-wide communications so you can stay in the know of company initiatives.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).