Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
4 days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you dream of sharing your experience in the culinary industry, leading a team, and being able to voice and implement your creative ideas? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation could be the organization that makes you love where you work.
Arbor Day Farm is a property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. This property is where our missions comes to life! As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing and celebrating trees. Our vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty and hunger.
We need a Sous Chef to create and develop!
- Leadership skills. A proven ability to select, train, support and develop supervisors and front-line staff
- Positive energy a hands-on team player with a proven track record of translating ideas into effective action.
- Experience and passion. When it comes to cooking methods, kitchen equipment, best practices, and 1+ years of experience in a related role.
- Outstanding communication skills. Whether it be written or verbal, this comes naturally to you.
- Technology aptitude. You have a broad and in-depth understanding of MS- Word, and other restaurant related software programs.
- Develop and create. New menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand. Assisting with the preparation and planning of meal designs
- Supervise. Establish training plans, engage team members, performance evaluation, scheduling, staffing, and inventory
- Implement. Always adhering to safety and sanitation regulations, training new team members in these areas
- Manage. In the Executive Chef’s absence you are running the kitchen and managing the staff with strong leadership and communication skills
- Provide Support. To junior kitchen employees with various tasks, including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
Love Where You Work:
- We’re in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. Competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- We want to stay connected. We’ll include you on our property-wide communications so you can stay in the know of company initiatives.
- We care about your mental health. We offer an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) where you and your family can access free counseling sessions and much more support.
- We’ll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).