Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you consider yourself to be exceptional at building relationships and moving people to action? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
Arbor Day Farm is a property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. This property is where our missions come to life! As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing, and celebrating trees. Our vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger.
We are seeking a sales individual who is self-motivated, energetic, organized and detail oriented to be part of our Sales Team!
- Passion and ability for effectively building business relationships.
- Commitment to providing world-class service to both internal and external guests.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated time management and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient in OPERA proprietary software, hospitality property management or related industry-specific software systems preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Sales or Related Field preferred
- Minimum of one to two years related experience preferred
- Increase sales for hotel guest rooms, complete meeting packages, catering services, banquet facilities and Arbor Day Farm, through direct client contact in specific market segments to maximize total operation revenues.
- Prospect, solicit and enroll new business, including cold calls.
- Meet Sales goals and expectations.
- Effectively handle sales negotiations, and expediently bring prospective clients to contract.
- Focus on revenue-producing activities and maximize time spent on direct sales efforts.
- Establish and maintain client base, through direct outside and inside sales efforts, for the purpose of maximizing hotel occupancies and revenues.
- Represent Lied Lodge & Conference Center at trade shows, on sales blitzes, during familiarization (FAM) tours and at industry organization meetings
- Develop customer profiles and maintain an effective trace system in order to best meet client and operation needs.
- Maintain well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve the client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Coordinate internal and external services in order to meet/exceed client needs and specifications.
- Assist with the development, implementation and achievement of the annual Sales Plan.
- Consistently communicate the mission of the Foundation and the tangible and intangible value of partnering with the Foundation by visiting Lied Lodge & Conference Center and Arbor Day Farm.
Love Where You Work:
- We’re in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. Competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- We want to stay connected. We’ll hook you up with a company laptop and phone.
- We’ll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).