Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
Arbor Day Farm is the 260-acre property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation where our mission comes to life.
- Intrinsic organizational abilities. This role requires someone who thrives on getting the details right and documented.
- A desire to do better every day. An eagerness to continually learn & grow is critical in this role.
- The ability to foster relationships. You must be able to connect with people from all walks of life.
- The skills. You know that effectively communicating in a positive manner is an art form. You love finding ways to hone your craft verbally and in written form.
- Service Excellence. Its a core component of how you interact with everyone in your life and drives you to consistently improve processes and systems.
- Strong work ethic. Your professionalism and eagerness to learn and share drive your success.
- Coordinate. You'll manage all details for incoming groups and enter them into our Opera system
- Collaborate. A variety of roles and individuals internally and externally will rely on you to manage details
- Provide administrative support. From keeping accurate track of group room blocks and group payments, inspecting rooms before the start of each event and during to ensure all requests have been met and keeping accurate and updated records.
- Engage with guests. From the moment they arrive, and at several points during their time with us, you'll have an opportunity to help ensure guests' needs are met.
- Provide service excellence. In every activity you're tasked with, you'll be expected to provide service excellence.
- Have a set schedule. This role will work Tuesdays-Saturdays.
- Model our Core Values. Your performance and behavior will align to our Core Values.
- Be a part of a global non-profit. You will gain valuable work experience that sets you up for other opportunities on our property.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including generous additional time around the holidays.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k with company match.
- We know the little things matter. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day, you'll receive discounted rates on purchases at Arbor Day Farm, and we're eager to give growth opportunities to our best performers
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).