Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
13 days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
Arbor Day Farm is the 260-acre property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation where our mission comes to life. We are looking for a natural leader with a flair for food and beverage with morning availability.
- A positive attitude. You love serving others, you take serving customers seriously and ensure positive experiences for all guests.
- Experience. You naturally take on the role of a leader, our ideal candidate has experiences supervising others. You have experience working in a restaurant during breakfast or lunch meal service.
- Good organization skills. You know how to ensure all aspects of an event are running smoothly.
- A love for working on your feet. You must have the ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time and frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- A valid driver's license. Candidates must be at least 21 years old with a driving record in good standing.
- The right availability. You are looking for a full-time position and are open to working shifts from 6am-2pm.
- Work as a team. Be a part of helping us create a fun work environment with teamwork at the forefront.
- Be a part of a fast-paced environment. You thrive on the energy you get from serving large groups.
- Represent Lied Lodge. You'll maintain a professional appearance and representation.
- Assist in a variety of functions. From clearing and setting tables, serving food, bartending/serving drinks and helping us maintain cleanliness.
- Be part of a global non-profit. You will gain valuable work experience that sets you up for other opportunities on our property.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including generous additional time around the holidays.
- We know the little things matter. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day, you'll receive discounted rates on purchases at Arbor Day Farm, and we're eager to give growth opportunities to our best performers.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).