Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
19 days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you have a passion for creating delicious desserts? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
Arbor Day Farm is a property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. This property is where our missions comes to life! As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing and celebrating trees. Our vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty and hunger.
We need a Pastry Chef to create delectable desserts!
- A love for food and baking. Enjoys preparing dessert items at an upscale restaurant.
- Pastry Experience. At least 6 months of related experience.
- Details are your niche. You have an eye for creative details and you are all about quality.
- Service excellence. You communicate well with everyone you interact with whether written or verbal, it comes naturally to you.
- Be a part of a fast-paced work environment. Ability to stay organized and on task to keep up with high demand when busy.
- Bake menu and special items. Bake items in an efficient manner. Keep a clean and tidy working space.
- Gain experience from an upscale restaurant. Receive training opportunities to advance throughout the kitchen.
- Work as a team. Be a part of helping us create a fun work environment with teamwork at the forefront to ensure a positive experience for guests.
Love Where You Work:
- We’re in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. Competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- We care about your mental health. We offer an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) where you and your family can access free counseling sessions and much more support.
- We’ll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).