Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you enjoy planning and executing daily while motivating and coaching a team? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
Arbor Day Farm is a property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. This property is where our missions comes to life! As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing and celebrating trees. Our vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty and hunger.
We need a Housekeeping Manager to lead the Housekeeping Team!
- Exceptional Service Ability. You are a highly dynamic, fun, and engaged leader, who can help us ensure that both our Team Members and guests have a positive experience.
- Experience. You’ve been developing and leading a housekeeping team for at least three years.
- Top-Notch Communication Skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. As well as problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions.
- Empathy. You are a great listener, you strive to make Team Members and guests feel heard and understood.
- A Flexible Mindset. Your adaptable and enjoy learning and growing.
- Natural Leadership Abilities. You’ve led and developed a team. You enjoy taking initiative and delegating in a positive way.
- Lead. This is a leadership role at the Lodge where you will help select, train, coach, and support Team Members while reflecting our core values.
- Manage the administrative components of the day-to-day operations in the Housekeeping Department.
- Collaborate with other Departments. By maintaining a professional standard and representation of the Lodge. Departments this role will collaborate with often include Maintenance and the Front Desk team.
- Assist in a Variety of Functions. This ranges from prioritizing training, room inspections, and service recovery, etc.
- Be a Team Player. You’ll learn and take on roles within the Housekeeping Department as needed (Room, Laundry Attendant, etc.)
Love Where You Work:
- We’re in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. Competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- We want to stay connected. We’ll hook you up with a company laptop and phone.
- We’ll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).