Hotel Director of Sales
Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
13 days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
Arbor Day Farm is the 260-acre property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation where our mission comes to life.
- Passion. For the Foundations mission, nature, environmental stewardship and people.
- Desire to lead. You understand the complexities of leading a team of people and feel comfortable balancing the technical and relationship aspects of hospitality sales leadership.
- Experience. You have been a part of a hotel sales team for at least 4-5 years with a progression in responsibilities.
- Skills. We will rely upon your knowledge of best practices, policies and procedures related to hotel sales.
- Attention to detail. Ability to spot the tiniest errors and work efficiently to meet your team and client's needs.
- The right attitude. You're positive with an incredible work ethic. You pair that with a high degree of integrity as you handle the ups and downs that come along with leading a team.
- A constant desire to learn. Your eagerness to stay in the know about changes in hospitality sales will be vital to the organization's success.
- Lead. You will ensure accountability for positive outcomes for the sales teams goals, along with helping create a fun and collaborative atmosphere.
- Collaborate. You will have a unique opportunity to work closely with our operational teams to ensure success for clients and their events.
- Advise. You'll guide and advise your team and other departments on appropriate pricing models and more.
- Act on behalf of the Foundation. You'll be a part of various meetings with potential clients and will take your position as a representative of the organization to heart.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we have built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including generous additional time around the holidays.
- We know the little things matter. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day, you'll receive discounted rates on purchases at Arbor Day Farm and we are eager to give growth opportunities to our best performers.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).