Are you a force for good? Do you have the unique talent of making quick, positive connections with people? Do you feel most fulfilled when you are helping and serving others? Are you naturally motivated to provide prompt, precise, and efficient food and beverage service with attention to detail? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
Arbor Day Farm is a property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. This property is where our missions come to life! As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing, and celebrating trees. Our vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger.
The Lied Lodge at Arbor Day Farm is seeking a Dining Room Host/Hostess (part-time) to join our team!
- Great customer service skills. The desire to provide service that is warm, welcoming, and exceptional to all our guests.
- Positive Attitude. Ability to smile and be courteous and guests. Be an energetic and positive team player.
- Passion. For sharing the knowledge you'll gain on cuisine and the foundations mission to inspire others to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees.
- Be a part of a fast-paced work environment. You are energized by a full restaurant, abuzz with guests, eating, drinking, and loving life.
- Availability. Day and evening positions available. Weekend availability preferred.
- Have good customer contact. You will greet guests as they enter, take reservations, give menus, answer questions, and direct guests to their seats. Engage customers satisfaction with service and food and build rapport.
- Work as a team. Be a part of helping us create a fun work environment with teamwork at the forefront to ensure a positive experience for guests.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your mental health. We offer an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) where you and your family can access free counseling sessions and much more support.
- We will feed you. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day.
- We invest in your future. 401k participation for ALL Team Members.
- We want to stay connected. Well include you on our property-wide communications so you can stay in the know of company initiatives.
- We’ll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).