Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you have a passion for growing trees and all things green? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
Arbor Day Farm is a property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. This property is where our missions comes to life! As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing, and celebrating trees. Our vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger.
We need a Greenhouse Lead to support our tree-growing operations in our greenhouse!
- Passion. For the Foundations mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- Experience. An Associate or bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field or minimum 3-years greenhouse growing experience, with a desire to put your education and expertise to work.
- Excellent communication skills. Your ability to communicate (written and verbal) are key to how you build relationships.
- Knowledge. Experience or familiarity of shipping processes, team management, and quality control. Experience with tree seedling growing, horticultural problem solving, greenhouse mechanical systems, and integrated pest management.
- Positive attitude. You have always been a “glass half full” individual, people seem to follow your natural leadership ability because of this.
- Service excellence. It’s a core component of how you interact with everyone in your life and drives you to consistently improve your processes and systems.
- Strong work ethic. Your professionalism and eagerness to learn and share drive your success
- Nurture. You will attend to tree seedlings to ensure growth, while also seeing that the people management responsibilities are cared for as well.
- Send trees out to supporters. You will assist in the procurement and shipping process of hundreds of thousands of trees to people across the country.
- Supervise. Support the Greenhouse Manager in leading their team during our spring and fall tree shipping seasons.
- Empower our Team Members and Supporters. You'll inspire them to make a difference by sharing our vision and dedication to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees.
- Provide Service Excellence. You will personally provide and inspire others to provide what we call Service Excellence externally and internally.
- License. A Pesticide-Applicators License, will be required within 6-months of beginning the job.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. Competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- Well round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).
- We want to stay connected. Well include you on our property-wide communications so you can stay in the know of company initiatives.
- We will feed you. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day.