Front Desk Agent
Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
Arbor Day Farm is the 260-acre property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation where our mission comes to life.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Provide excellent guest service in person, over the phone, and via email. Have knowledge of proper telephone etiquette. Communicate with housekeeping and maintenance departments for guests' needs.
- Experience with computers. Ability to learn the OPERA computer system as well as experience using Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic computer and multi-line phone system.
- Positive Attitude. Ability to smile and be courteous to guests. Be an energetic and optimistic team player with the ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Detail Oriented skills. You are very detail-oriented with strong organizational, time management, and planning skills. Ability to handle busy situations and multitask.
- Provide critical first impressions. You are passionate about providing service that is warm, welcoming, and world-class service to all our guests. You enjoy starting conversations with new guests.
- Responsibilities include. Registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring smooth memorable experience.
- Work as a team and individually. Be a part of helping us create a fun work environment with teamwork at the forefront to ensure a positive experience for guests.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do whats right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including generous additional time around the holidays.
- We know the little things matter. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day, you'll receive discounted rates on purchases at Arbor Day Farm, and were eager to give growth opportunities to our best performers.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).