Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
13 days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
Arbor Day Farm is the 260-acre property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation where our mission comes to life.
- A love for food and cooking. Enjoy preparing menu items at an upscale restaurant.
- Cooking Experience. Have at least 1 year of line cook experience. At least 17 years old.
- A love for working on your feet. You must have the ability to stand on your feet for long hours and occasionally carry heavy items. Able to handle the kitchen heat.
- A creative and learning driven mindset. You want to learn all about the dishes we create and what goes into making them, you have ideas and enjoy using creative outlets such as cooking to showcase them!
- Be a part of a fast-paced work environment. Ability to stay organized and on task to keep up with high demand when busy.
- Cook menu items and sauté special items. Cook foods made to order in an efficient manner. Keep a clean and tidy working space.
- Gain experience from an upscale restaurant. Receive training opportunities to advance throughout the kitchen.
- Work as a team. Be a part of helping us create a fun work environment with teamwork at the forefront to ensure a positive experience for guests.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We will feed you. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day.
- We invest in your future. 401k participation for ALL Team Members.
- We want to stay connected. We'll include you on our property-wide communications so you can stay in the know of company initiatives.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).