Carpenter / Maintenance Tech
Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
8 days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you enjoy fixing things, do new projects excite you? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
Arbor Day Farm is a property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. This property is where our missions come to life! As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing and celebrating trees. Our vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty and hunger.
- Passion. For the Foundations mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- The desire to help. You enjoy helping guests and team members with maintenance related concerns.
- Experience. You are an experienced Maintenance Technician, and you have a good foundation of maintenance/trades experience or knowledge.
- Skills. We will rely upon your knowledge of best practices, policies and procedures related to maintenance.
- A commitment to long term results. You have the ability to spot the tiniest errors and work efficiently to fix them. Doing things, the right way to ensure long lasting results is the way you operate.
- The right attitude. You're positive with an incredible work ethic. You maintain a can-do attitude in all your work activities.
- A passion for learning. Your eagerness to stay in the know about changes in maintenance will be vital to the organization’s success.
- Be consistent. You will ensure your daily work consists of healthy habits that enable you to spot issues before they become a larger problem.
- Follow through. You'll ensure you follow through and complete all tasks and projects assigned to you to the best of your ability.
- Collaborate. There is the unique opportunity to work closely with our operational teams to ensure the needs of the property and guests are met in a timely manner.
- Act on behalf of the Foundation. You'll be a part of various meetings with your team and vendors to make suggestions on maintenance related concerns, determining the best course of action for our property.
- Maintain the property. Boiler Maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, pool maintenance, fireplace maintenance, locksmithing are some of the responsibilities that fall on the plate of our Maintenance Technicians.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including generous additional time around the holidays.
- We know the little things matter. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day, you'll receive discounted rates on purchases at Arbor Day Farm and we're eager to give growth opportunities to our best performers.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).