Arbor Day Foundation
Nebraska City, NE, United States
13 days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care, in an inspiring environment. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
Arbor Day Farm is the 260-acre property owned and operated by the Arbor Day Foundation where our mission comes to life.
- Great customer service skills. You have a positive attitude, love serving others, and ability to ensure a positive conference dining experience for all guests.
- The ability to serve and transport alcohol. Our bartenders must be at least 21 years old and complete their TIPS certification after their start date.
- Food and beverage service experience. Ability to clear and set tables, serve plated dinners, respond to requests for beverages, maintain cleanliness and sanitation, performing setup and takedown.
- A love for working on your feet. You must have the ability to work on your feet for long periods of time, the ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 lbs. including full beer kegs.
- Assist in a variety of functions. From clearing and setting tables, serving food, bartending/serving drinks and helping us maintain cleanliness.
- Be a part of a fast-paced environment. You thrive on the energy you get from serving large groups.
- Professional appearance. You'll maintain a professional appearance and representation.
- Be a reliable candidate. Others will count on you to consistently be on-time and complete tasks ahead of you.
- Work as a team. Be a part of helping us create a fun work environment with teamwork at the forefront.
- Deliver service excellence. Every interaction you have with guests will leave a lasting impression.
- Be part of a global non-profit. You will gain valuable work experience that sets you up for other opportunities on our property.
Love Where You Work:
- We’re in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your mental health. We offer an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) where you and your family can access free counseling sessions and much more support.
- We will feed you. Our Culinary Team will provide one complimentary meal per day.
- We invest in your future. 401k participation for ALL Team Members.
- We want to stay connected. We’ll include you on our property-wide communications so you can stay in the know of company initiatives.
- We’ll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).