TN Tree Fulfillment Supervisor
Arbor Day Foundation
McMinnville, TN, United States
30+ days ago
Do you love nurturing trees and people? Are you interested in working for a non-profit that distributes thousands of trees to families across the country? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause greater than yourself excite you?
As one of the world’s largest conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages individuals and communities across the globe in its mission of planting, nurturing, and celebrating trees. Our vision is to lead toward a world where trees are used to solve issues critical to survival by relentlessly delivering value.
We are looking for a Full-time Tree Fulfillment Supervisor to lead our tree nursery fulfillment operation in McMinnville, TN. This role will report to the Fulfillment Manager. Our Fulfillment Supervisor will provide value to our customers by leading a team that receives, stores, packs and ships bareroot tree stock, ordered through the Arbor Day Foundation, in a manner that ensures quality trees are received in a timely manner. The Fulfillment Supervisor will establish priorities for their team members and efficiently reach production goals during two distinct shipping seasons each year. This role has the potential to be full-time with benefits and has a flexible compensation package.
We need Tree Fulfillment Supervisor to help us achieve excellent member services and on-time product delivery.
- Service excellence. It’s a core component of how you interact with everyone in your life and drives you to consistently improve processes and systems.
- Ability to lead. Set priorities for a team of seasonal, hourly team members in conjunction with the production supervisor and leads.
- Independence. You thrive when working independently without supervision.
- Experience. In the nursery industry, shipping and receiving and/or utilizing Microsoft office suite.
- Drive. For continuous improvement creating more efficient and productive processes.
- The skills. You have an eye for detail, effective communication in a positive manner, work effectively with new hires, peers, and supervisors, organization comes naturally to you.
- Balance. You’ll manage safety, quality, morale, and productivity to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Train. New and existing team members in all processes using constructive feedback and instructions.
- Take Inventory. Lead in receiving and care of stock to ensure accuracy of product and counts, as well as cycle counts
- Maintain Safety. Understand, follow, and enforce safety, process, and Quality Policy protocols and rules ensuring the proper tools and personal protective equipment (PPE) are being utilized
- Provide administrative support. For the daily operations of the nursery using Microsoft Office Suite.
Love Where You Work:
- We’re in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. Competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- We care about your well-being. We offer an Employee Assistance Program for you (and your family) with support services including counseling sessions and much more.